Vermilion Evangelical and Reformed Church serves our community through adult and children’s ministries, Bible studies, small groups, and local and global mission outreaches. Our purpose is to lead people to a relationship with Jesus Christ.
We are sincere and welcome people who believe that the Bible is the Word of God and that Salvation in only possible through Jesus Christ. We invite you to visit our church and join us as we worship the Lord and grow in our faith.
E&R Church is part of the 4C’s, a theologically conservative denomination believing in the autonomy of each local church under the headship of Christ. We are solidly committed to the basic doctrines of the Christian faith. As an evangelical denomination, we believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to Salvation and that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
Vermilion E&R Church was formed in 1852 by forty-six members of the Brownhelm Reformed Church out of a desire to have a church closer to their Vermilion homes. They vowed to “preach the gospel of Jesus Christ” and “carry out their duties as Christians”.
In 1853 the congregation built a simple building at the corner of Grand and Ohio Streets. In 1868 the growing church erected the current structure. Since its founding in 1852, the church has always upheld the Bible as God’s word and has been a light in the community.
Pastor Nick and his wife, Beth, children Nick, Lauren and Noah came to Vermilion in 2007 from Richmond Hts. where he served in ministry for 16 years. Nick is an Indians fan, a model railroader, and likes taking walks with his dogs Molly and Chloe. His favorite passage is John 3:16.